- Biogen is expected to become the largest oral treatment for MS with annual sales exceeding $3-Billion within the next 5 years according to data compiled by Thomson Reuters Cortellis
- Multiple sclerosis affects more than 2.1 million people globally
- The share price of Biogen, producer of Tecfidera have tripled over the past three years upon the hope that this drug would be a big money producer for the company
- There is a huge demand for oral based medication compared to the injected alternatives
- European and US approval of Tecfidera has significantly increased the odds of Biogen meeting its revenue goals
According to Businessweek, “Biogen Idec Inc. (Nasdaq: BIIB) charges $54,900 a year for Tecfidera, its new and promising treatment for multiple sclerosis, and a rival of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries’ (NYSE: TEVA; TASE: TEVA) Copaxone. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Tecfidera for sale last week, and analysts believe that it will become the market leader within a few years.”
Our mission is to provide an impartial review of the emerging research regarding Nrf2 activation.
We welcome the involvement of those who have published peer review studies in this field.
Should you wish to contact us, please leave a message using the adjacent form.